Established in 1974, Sidock Group is a full service multi-disciplined firm with offices throughout Michigan. Sidock Group, Inc. is a service-based organization whose primary mission is to provide innovative, engineered solutions tailored to our clients' individual needs. To further this mission, we promote long-term client relationships, remain closely involved with our clients and their projects, and assemble qualified and dedicated teams for each project in efforts to assure that our clients receive the services they expect and deserve.
Sidock Group offers competitive salaries with an excellent benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) Tax-Deferred savings plan.
Sidock Group, Inc. has employment opportunities for an Electrical Senior Project Engineer / Electrical Project Manager in our Novi, MI office. Ideal candidates will have an experience level of 10 years plus.
- Technical site engineering for commercial, industrial, governmental, and aviation projects.
- Prepare drawing packages for all stages of projects from initial concept, studies, site plan, and client approval, through permitting, bidding, & construction.
- Prepare proposals and lead electrical design TEAM to meet goals of proposed projects. Responsible for cost management of project budgets.
- Training and development of junior engineering staff and CAD/Designers.
- Develop drawing packages utilizing AutoCAD, Microstation V8 & Microstation V8i for equipment layout, grounding, wiring, and associated details.
- Review client, local, state, and National Electric Code (NEC) requirements to develop site layouts and meet special requirements.
- Review and incorporate client specific design standards to projects.
- Review equipment vendor documentation to determine installation and integration requirements.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and project managers to coordinate electrical design with other disciplines, both within the firm and partnering consultants, to meet project deliverables.
- Preparation of project and equipment specification documents.
- Review of RFI’s, contractor submittals, and shop drawings.
- Develop electrical wiring drawings such as one-line diagrams and schematics.
- Develop and maintain CAD standards and templates.
- Client interface as part of the team.
- Site visits for field measurements & inspections.
- Preparation of technical reports, project cost estimates, & engineering studies.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent ABET accredited degree.
- Professional Engineering License in Michigan or the ability to become licensed through reciprocity.
- Prior project management experience
- Low and Medium Voltage Power distribution and grounding systems design experience.
- Flexibility in work hours to meet project deadlines required.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Preparation of Arc Flash, Short Circuit and Relay Coordination Studies. ETAP experience is a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to interface and perform in a team-based environment, and individually.
- Proficient in Adobe and Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of motor starter and motor control.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance