Always at the forefront of our industry, we are currently seeking an aviation experienced, talented engineer to join our team as a Mechanical Design Engineer,with7-10 years’ experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer in aviation, preferably executive aircraft.
You will have a key role in product development from concept trades through the detailed definition and validation (analysis and test) phases of new executive aircraft products and the improvement of existing aviation products..
Product Development assignments in aerospace can be broad in nature requiring initiative, originality, ingenuity and excellent problem-solving skills.
Job Type / Category
- Create, prototype, design, and analyze structures and mechanisms for moving mechanical assemblies.
- Strong proficiency with mechanical and computer aided design (CAD) software (especially Solidworks)
- Develop and refine components and subsystems utilizing design skills, hand calculations, and finite element analysis or other modeling tools as needed.
- Perform detailed 3D designs; generate CAD drawings and related documents, and support manufacturing and assembly of components.
- Evaluate and analyze various mechanical and electrical products to determine their cost-effectiveness and efficiency
- Document test plans and procedures
- Delivery of specifications, drawings and procedures to procurement and manufacturing teams to execute production
- Participate and present in internal and external (customer) design reviews
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program team, organization, and customers.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical or Aerospace)
- 7-10 Years of practical experience in mechanical design applicable to structures, mechanisms.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills with hands-on project experience.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and plan/organize/prioritize job assignments in a fast-paced and gated-release engineering development environment.
- Knowledge and design experience with Aerospace materials for metals, adhesives, thermoplastics, etc.
- Proficiency with mechanical and computer aided design (CAD) software ( Solidworks and Catia).
- Knowledge and experience with Regulatory requirements for the certification of aeronautical products (TCCA. FAA, EASA)
- Experience with creation of test plans (ref RTCA DO 160 (Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment)) for testing of production articles leading to demonstration of compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Practical understanding of GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and experience with applicable manufacturing processes such as machining, finishing, and rapid prototyping.
- English spoken and written: (French an asset)
Job Type: Full-time
- Solidworks: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Design in aerospace: 7 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)