If you would like the opportunity to see your work go from initial design concept to fielded product in weeks to months, versus years, Trine Aerospace is where you want to be. We do extensive design customization for individual customers, new system designs, modernizations of previous designs of our products -- and field the product typically within 4 to 6 months.
Check out our web site at www.trineaerospace.com to see more descriptions of our products.
Experience working with the FAA to complete STC Certification highly desired -- we have several new start projects coming up.
- Lead product development for mechanical systems throughout their lifecycles. This includes requirement decomposition, mechanical design, writing product reports, and working with manufacturing and the customer to implement product improvements.
- Use Solidworks to create 3D models and 2D drawings of Trine Aerospace products.
- Lead preparation and presentation of necessary reviews with the customer (Requirements, Preliminary Design, Critical Design, etc.) to ensure new products meet expectations.
- Perform PDM software admin duties
- Coordinate with potential customers, and Trine Aerospace management, to determine the feasibility and difficulty of proposed design projects.
- Limited travel as required to support aircraft surveys, product installations, etc.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years mechanical design and product development experience
- Working knowledge of Solidworks and PDM
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Solidworks Professional
- Experience with FAA STC process
- Ability to interpret and review system electrical diagrams
- Experience leading a small team of engineers
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift