- Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, C#
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
- Experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Rails, C++ or C#
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
The Devices group is chartered with building platforms and programs globally that help customers discover, choose, purchase, and use Amazon Devices and Accessories. These include Echo, Kindle, FireTV, and Fire tablets. We are a cross-platform team that builds experiences online through mobile and desktop. We automate activities throughout the product lifecycle, so fewer resources are needed to launch and support the growing Amazon Devices business. Our stakeholders include the Product and Marketing teams for all of the device categories, international markets, and Site Merchandisers.
We’re looking for an experienced, results-oriented Software Development Engineer capable of building a world class customer experience on the Amazon retail website. We own highly scalable and robust platforms to provide the best customer experience possible for buying Amazon devices and accessories. These solutions cover a broad range of functional/technical areas and change the way customers find, learn, configure, and pay for Amazon's flagship products.
As an SDE in this group, you will lead and mentor other talented engineers. You will be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind. You will interact with Product Managers and Designers and convert their vision into a technical solution. You will collaborate with other Software Engineers and guide the team on web/mobile development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Perl)
- Some front-end development experience
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation