Technical Sales Engineer – Rochester Hills, MI
Sciemetric Instruments is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer, who will offer high-tech in-process testing & data analytics solutions to engineers, sales reps, Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers, and other key decision makers as assigned. This position is responsible for building relationships and networking with current customers while continuing to search for new and developing markets, utilizing technical expertise to discuss the best in-process test & data management solutions for these client’s needs. This role is responsible for proactive outbound prospecting and lead management to expand the company's customer base through increased penetration at existing customers along with new market and account development activity.
· Meet with new and existing customers to discuss new projects, define scope, and generate requests for quotes.
· High level of self-motivation and ability to work under minimal supervision required
· Ability to schedule face to face meetings, product demos and produce quotations & proposals
· Maintain an expert level of product knowledge and application technology
· Knowledge and experience in working with manufacturing assembly processes.
· Effectively communicate how Sciemetric technology will improve current and new manufacturing processes
· Listen, understand, document, and convey customer requirements
· Present strategies to the company to target, penetrate and develop new markets and new accounts as well as develop corporate accounts with the intent to penetrate the accounts globally.
· Perform product demonstrations exhibiting technical proficiency and communicating the appropriate value proposition to maximize the potential of achieving the company's sales objectives.
· Respond to technical RFQ’s (Request for Quotations) based upon review of customer’s requirements at their location and see these quotations through to closure.
· Perform local/regional training forums on theory and use of testing systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering (EE, ME) is preferred.
· Experience working with Medical and Automotive customers, is a plus.
· Previous experience in manufacturing is desired.
· Quick to react, competitive, results oriented and decisive
· Persistent and confident with a problem-solving attitude
· Demonstrates sales aptitude and a positive attitude
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location