Overall responsibility for the management of the Planning Department, including the preparation and release of various manufacturing documents to production, supervision of planning personnel, and creation and maintenance of planning procedures and work instructions. Work with project engineers on a day-to-day basis to review progress of designs and provide input and suggestions related to the manufacturability of the new design (Manufacturing Engineering). Responsible for the maintenance of the facility, including machinery and equipment, building, and yard.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Timely release of manufacturing documentation that provides instruction required to manufacture our products of the various shop functions. Documents include work order routers, material cut sheets, drawings and bill of materials, burnout templates, and other miscellaneous items.
2. Supervise and direct Planning employees, including hiring/layoffs/promotions. Evaluate and develop direct reports on an on-going basis and ensure that ISO procedures and work instructions are conformed to on a consistent basis.
3. Proactively identify potential production problems, develop solutions and implement them to resolve or prevent a problem. This includes working with Engineering during the design function.
4. Participate in Design Reviews and suggest ways to improve product or reduce cost.
5. Work with Purchasing to evaluate and consider make/buy decisions. Work with the Director of Operations to identify need to add or subtract resources (equipment and personnel) on an on-going basis to support production levels.
6. Supervise and direct Maintenance employees to ensure that scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is performed as required.
7. Coordinate with various regulatory agencies such as the AQMD and Fire Departments, to ensure compliance.
8. Any other duties as assigned by management.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. High School Diploma
2. Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing and production environment. Familiarity with welding, machining, and assembly practices.
3. Excellent oral communication skills.
4. Ability to read and interpret structural and mechanical drawings.
5. Strong organizational and planning skills
6. Ability to analyze and interpret technical procedures for planning functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- What is your salary requirement?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 10 years (Preferred)