Rotating Equipment Engineer - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
$120-140k plus 15% bonus target, 9/80, full relocation
We are seeking a senior Rotating Equipment Engineer to be the “go to engineer” for a wide variety of large and small rotating equipment at a petrochemical complex in the Baton Rouge area. You will provide strategic reliability support as well as maintenance support overseeing equipment troubleshooting, overhauls and repairs of rotating equipment.
BS ME and 8+ years of maintenance and/or reliability engineering experience with rotating equipment in the refining or petrochemical industry
- Provide technical expertise and advice on critical rotating equipment.
- Oversee overhauls and troubleshoot centrifugal pumps, centrifugal compressors, steam turbines, gear reducers, blowers
- Develop and modify rotating equipment strategies and maintenance plans such as Reliability Based Maintenance Strategies
- Lead or participate in Root Cause Analysis of equipment failures to understand cause and prevent reoccurrence.
- SAP based on the Maintenance Strategy Development process .
- Analysis and interpretation of condition monitoring data and reports and develop strategies to address any identified or impending issues.
- Drive the implementation of strategic reliability initiatives and site programs.
- Evaluate & select technologies for preventive and predictive programs.
- Provide technical leadership for troubleshooting of equipment failures to determine root causes and identify actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide technical approval for new or changing equipment specifications.
- Development and review work scope for unit outages and major turnarounds.
- Identify and maintain a prioritized list of rotating equipment reliability improvement projects.
- Develop capital project ideas and business cases for key improvement opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- refining/ petrochemical: 8 years (Required)
- Rotating Equipment Mechanical Reliability : 8 years (Required)