Purpose of Position:
Responsible for assembly of cranes (prototypes and first production units) utilizing engineering drawings and quality specifications and they must be delivered on time. Works as part of a team to produce customer orders proficiently and correctly.
General Job Requirements: *
The employee must be able to follow specific instructions while maintaining acceptable established standards of work performance and conduct, show the necessary and consistent energy, as well as acceptable mental and physical dexterity, for the satisfactory completion of the essential duties as summarized and defined. The employee must exhibit acceptable interpersonal skills and the continuous ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
Key Responsibilities: *
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications and parts lists, gathering parts, sub-assemblies, tools and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assemblies using appropriate hand tools.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specification of quality and engineering.
- Works closely with designers and engineers in product development, troubleshooting and correcting problems and defects prior to assembly.
- Responsible for assembly of cab assembly, motor pumps, cab windows and doors and air brake assembly. Also responsible for assembly of track frames and car body as well as man basket and nose sheaves.
- Tests functions of crane and/or timing of functions; install wire rope and build harnesses. Troubleshoots electrical issues; meters and multi-meters.
- Performs electrical work on URF, electrical components on booms, installs cameras.
- Performs fabrication and fitter cuts, aligns, and fits structural metal parts together. May weld or rivet parts.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturing instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions and communicating concerns to supervisor.
- Notifies shipping & receiving department when parts and components are not available for completion of assembly.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms to ensure accurate recordkeeping.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Requires lifting, bending, squatting, walking, reaching above and below waist, and carrying materials, and must be willing to climb 4-6 feet off the ground to perform some work.
- Knowledge of all parts needed for each unit.
- Requires the use of hand tools including air tools.
- Ability to learn safe overhead crane operations.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
- High school diploma or GED required; welding skills a plus.
- Manufacturing experience preferred; strong mechanic skills or heavy equipment maintenance considered.
- Visual acuity for detail, color, near and distance.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Must read and interpret engineering drawings and accurately read standard and metric units of measurements.
- Ability to make assembly adjustments to specifications.
- Requires lifting, bending, squatting, walking, reaching above and below waist, and carrying material.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other job responsibilities and duties as assigned by Management. Management reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties or work schedules based on the duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Location: 2680 S. Front Street, Richlands, VA 24641
Job Type: Full-time