Metamagnetics Inc is a rapidly growing company developing cutting edge technology for aerospace and defense and commercial telecommunications markets. We develop high frequency components which are used in the most advanced surveillance, intelligence, and communications systems. Our customers include NASA, the US Department of Defense and several of the leading aerospace and defense prime contractors and commercial companies. Our staff has decades of combined expertise in fundamental sciences, numerical methods, materials science, high frequency engineering, as well as manufacturing and business development. We are internationally recognized as a pioneer in our field.
Metamagnetics is a small group of talented and inquisitive engineers, scientists, and industry experts who are focused on and dedicated to bringing our technology to market. We maintain an agile, exciting startup environment, one where we encourage our staff to find their true passion and calling, even if it’s not the job they initially joined the company to fill. To facilitate that, we provide opportunities to experience every aspect of engineering, science, sales, customer relations management, leadership, and many other technical and business skills. We provide a unique opportunity to take an idea from basic science all the way to a finished product qualified for use in the most stringent environments and applications.
We are looking for motivated, hands-on people to join our team. We focus on finding good teammates with strong work ethic, an ability to learn and share knowledge, an interest in creative problem solving, and an ability to work beyond the common knowledge and practices of the industry.
The Mechanical Engineer works as part of an interdisciplinary team and under the supervision of a Manager on a wide variety of design, drafting, fabrication and prototyping, as well as testing and data analysis tasks. Supports the team in the development, validation, and troubleshooting of leading-edge devices used in modern wireless communications and sensing systems. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong interest in research and development, excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, good oral and written communication skills, and an ability to work with their hands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering (preferably, Mechanical Engineering)
- Good working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD drafting tools, such as Autodesk AutoCAD and Fusion
- Ability to design packages and enclosures for electronics
- Ability to communicate with vendors to understand capabilities and trade-offs between different fabrication methods
- Solid understanding of fundamentals of Solid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge of heat flow and power dissipation in electronics
- Hands-on machining skills, including CNC, routing of printed circuit boards, assembly
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Four weeks paid time off including one week of company shutdown in December and five paid sick days
- Up to 80% of premium costs for Medical, Dental and Vision insurances for employees and their families are covered by the Company
- Up to 100% life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance and accidental death & dismemberment coverage paid by the Company
- Access to a 401K platform to transfer any existing funds or start saving for retirement
- Special events – International Day, Christmas in July, Holidays, Birthday celebrations and other fun activities
As an industry leader, Metamagnetics is driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our forward-thinking team and to provide an outstanding work environment for its employees with excellent health and dental benefits, competitive compensation and a 401 (k). Metamagnetics fosters continued learning and development, with a casual yet stimulating and productively challenging work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident ONLY
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift