We’re looking for amazing people! Come join VHDA as an Applications Engineer.
This important role is part of the IT Customer Service Department. This position will use your skills as an application engineer, technology generalist and business relationship facilitator to help VHDA as we work to provide quality, affordable housing to Virginians. You will work with business users at all levels providing primary technical support for business specific applications and serving as an expert on supported applications and the business process the system supports. You will be responsible for assisting with systems design, testing, documentation, implementation, training, trouble shooting and maintenance. This is a fast paced position that involves a commitment to learning and applying new knowledge and skills in support of our business areas and our mission.
Responsibilities will include:
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Applications Support:
- Provide expert guidance to customers to get best benefit from supported business applications;
- Facilitate training with business users on business systems;
- Maintain expert knowledge of assigned business applications and supporting technologies;
- Manage business application configuration based on business requirements, setup and changes;
- Systems Analysis:
- Perform data quality assurance testing, data audits and analysis;
- Conduct research for the business on both technology and business trends related to assigned area(s);
- Ensure that business applications support VHDA processes and policies;
- Systems Support:
- Resolve application service requests from customers in a timely manner;
- Evaluate desktop hardware for usability and compatibility in VHDA network environment;
- Troubleshoot local area networking issues to ensure connectivity to the corporate network. Take leadership role in working with the Infrastructure team, as necessary, to resolve incidents.
- Subject matter expert on data, table and databases associated with business application and understand how the business uses data for decision making;
- System Performance:
- Function as a Vendor Manager and Liaison with product vendors relating to assigned systems;
- Contribute to the establishment of standards for software/hardware implementation procedures and performance by making recommendations and working in conjunction with the Enterprise Architect Team;
- Work with colleagues to develop and implement customer focused system improvements
Preferred experience includes:
- B.S. Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Management, Business Administration or relevant work with increasing responsibilities in a technology field;
- Customer Service oriented with a few years’ experience in 1 or more of the following:
- Business Application Support;
- IT related business analysis and business requirements, project management;
- Business Systems Analysis, Business Systems Support and Quality Assurance testing.
- A knowledge of database structures and experience with report writing tools and writing SQL queries;
- Strong troubleshooting and problem management skills;
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal – to both technical and business audiences.
- Background in mortgage industry desirable;
- Experience with MS Office 2016, Windows 10, SQL 2016, SharePoint 2010;
- Desktop and network foundational knowledge and support skills;
- Experience with ESRI GIS mapping software.
VHDA is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.vhda.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range $$68,568 - $89,138
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.