CIRCOR Naval Solutions started in 1897 under Warren Pumps®, following a legacy of pump builders in whose origin span over 200 years in the town of Warren. Under CIRCOR Naval Solutions this division is best known for serving the U.S. Navy’s submarine and surface ship programs. The highly engineered and custom-built pumps are made of a wide variety of exotic materials and span an envious range of both centrifugal and positive displacement technologies. Every submarine and aircraft carrier in the U.S. fleet as well as many other U.S. naval vessels depends on the pumps manufactured at Warren.
CIRCOR Portland Valve was organized in 1973, originating in Portland Maine and moved its operations to Warren, Massachusetts at the end of 2011. CIRCOR Portland Valve is a major valve supplier on the Submarine & Destroyer programs. The company’s products include a broad range of specialized valves for various shipboard services.
BUSINESS: Aerospace & Defense
LOCATION: Warren, MA
DIRECT REPORTING: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Develop, CNC programs, evaluate, troubleshoot, and recommend CNC machine tools, utilizing personal computers, CAM software, and DNC systems.
- Review and obtain the required information from tool drawings and models, fixture drawings and models, part prints and models, and associated documents in the development of efficient CNC programs and related materials.
- Work with operators, supervisors, engineering, other programmers, and any other area to optimize old and new processes and assist in training of these processes.
- Determine methods, tooling, feeds, speeds and all other necessary requirements necessary for efficient manufacturing of parts.
- Recommend new or revised tooling, fixtures, equipment, software, and any process improvements to support manufacturing and its customers.
- Conduct special studies, assist on capital research, serve on special teams.
- Keep supervisor informed of operations, problems, and opportunities as they arise.
- Take positive action to advance personal knowledge of manufacturing technology, CNC programming, CAM software, DNC technology, and related information.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation to assist in the control and evaluation of programming operations.
- Assist in the development of a safe working environment through the use of occupational safety and health standards, including ergonomic principles.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Esprit, Applicon, programming and Solid Edge CAD highly desirable, MasterCam, Language based or Graphics based CAM programming is helpful.
- Programming 4 and 5 axis Mill/Turn equipment is a plus.
- Renishaw probe software experience is a plus.
- Macro-B programming is a plus.
- Varied CNC operating experience desirable.
- Must have worked in CNC programming demonstrating a high degree of proficiency
- General math, geometry, and trigonometry experience required.
- Requires extensive knowledge of machine processes, capabilities, and resources available.
- Experience machining a variety of materials including but not limited to cast iron, steel, stainless steels, high temperature alloys, inconel, titanium, nickel, etc.
- Proficient with Solid Edge CAD, Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Tooling and fixture design desirable.
- A high degree of computer literacy is required.
- A Self-starter, high energy, innovative thinker with disciplined and persistent work style and has a keen attention to detail
- Track record of continuous improvement.
- Experience in Union environment desirable.
- Must be a US Citizen to meet US Defense requirements.
- Education & Experience*
- High school graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Manufacturing technical degree (2 year) is desired
- 5-7 years CNC machining experience and 2 – 5 years CNC programming experience (lathes, horizontal and vertical mills, VTLs) highly desired.
- Espirt, Applicon CAM, and Solid Edge CAD software high desired.
- MasterCam, Language based, or Graphics based CAM programming software is helpful.
- General math, geometry, and trigonometry experience is required.
- Requires extensive knowledge of machine processes, capabilities and resources available.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- Esprit, Applicon, Solid Edge or Mastercam: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)