The Assist the I&C Lead by taking charge of specific project instrumentation, control and building services duties, which generally fall within the areas described below. End result to deliver a successful project on time, on budget, within company requirements and client obligations for safety, health, environment and quality.
- Support for supervising I&C design.
- Develop list of signals, instruments, automated valves, cables, etc.
- Specification of instruments.
- Design and coordination of Building Services, including: Gas Detection, Security, CCTV, PA, Radio System, BMS, IT.
- Revision and modification of installation details.
- Revision of hazardous location requirements to guarantee adequate installation.
- Establish field panel requirements, specification and design.
- Cable tray and cable routing.
- Establish the procurement and installation strategy for I&C related equipment and auxiliaries.
- Technical Bid Evaluations.
- Revision of shop drawings and related documentation.
- Review drawings and specifications for contract compliance.
- Support for control design and configuration.
- RFI and change order management.
- Field engineering coordination and inspection of the installation instruments, cable trays, cable lying and termination complying with the project schedule.
- Periodic site review of installations, providing detailed written reports as scheduled.
- Attend design meeting weekly, coordinate design program with schedule team.
- Risk identification and direct cost management from the design phase until the final design submission.
- Maintain a comprehensive and well organized set of project files.
- Managing scope and budget based on the design growth.
- QA/QC Management. Ensure installation is following the design IFCs and Project Agreement specifications.
- Assistance during the commissioning stage.
- Deliver a successful project on time and on budget.
- Provide direction and support to project related staff and subcontract partners.
- Maintain cordial relations and communications with the Client.
- Adhere to project budget, schedule, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
- Establish and implement operational, technical, commercial, financial and administrative controls on Projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide solutions
- Previous project experience in water treatment projects or industrial projects in charge of I&C equipment. With experience with procurement packages and best cost design options.
- 2+ years’ experience in Field Engineering for I&C equipment installation in Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to adapt and respond quickly to rapidly changing demands within the organization.
- Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
- Construction site experience.
- Experience in design of seismic supports and seismic design for OFC and Essential Services is a plus.
- Knowledge about the BC electrical and I&C contractors is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Field Engineer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)