G-W Management Services is seeking an inspired and motivated Construction Quality Control Manager who is responsible for quality and coordination of field-related construction activities on federal construction projects. The referenced project is a Bid-Build for the Department of the Navy, located in Washington, DC. G-WMS desires to hire someone that has experience working federal contracts and is interested in an opportunity to grow within the company. The successful candidate shall have a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Construction Quality Control Manager working primarily on United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC) or other DoD projects.
Responsibilities and Expectations- Responsibilities and expectations for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that quality assurance and quality control activities are performed at the job-site by monitoring the level of quality for acceptability, and recommend performance improvements as necessary.
- Perform periodic inspections and evaluations, reporting operational deficiencies to the Project Manager, and administrative issues directly to the GWMS corporate management to facilitate safe work practices and quality performance.
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of the CQC Plan.
- Ensure that the subcontractors are aware of all quality control requirements.
- Ensure that the subcontractors thoroughly understand, and have allocated the necessary manpower, equipment, and material, to perform all work requirements.
- Conduct reviews of all work areas to ensure the conformance of the subcontractors with the quality control requirements.
- Work with subcontractors to resolve quality control problems.
- Responsible for implementing and managing the CQC Plan for the project for administrative functions.
- Reports directly to the company Project Executive, and is not subordinate to the Project Manager nor the Superintendent.
- Conducts CQC Three Phase Meetings.
- Performs or manages the three phases of quality control: Preparatory phase of control, Initial phase of control, and follow-up phase of control (These phases will be discussed in a subsequent paragraph).
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the submittal process.
- Schedule testing activities as required, and manage the testing process. Supervise and monitor all field tests.
- Review the as-built drawings to ensure that they are kept current, and that deviations from the contract drawings are marked.
- Communicates as a team member with all trades, manufacturers, suppliers, construction staff and NAVFAC representatives, in a professional manner.
- Conducts completion inspections.
- Reviews the Job Site Safety Plan, verifies that a hazard analysis has been approved prior to the performance of a specific feature of work during the preparatory phase of control, verifies that safety measures are in place during the initial phase of control, and conducts safety inspections during the follow-up phase of control.
- Will prepare and submit the Daily Project Reports in conjunction with both the Site Superintendent and SSHO.
- Shall keep a Log of Testing and Test Results.
- Will facilitate for all Preparatory Meetings and provide checklists and minutes of the meetings.
- Will be present for all Initial Inspections and prepare and distribute Initial Inspection Reports.
- Shall maintain a Non-conforming or Non-compliance Log indicating outstanding items to be re-worked.
- Follow-up Inspections and Follow-up Inspection reporting, as part of the Daily Reporting system, shall be completed by the CQC Manager.
- Completion Inspections and Completion Reports leading to Punch lists and Close-out Reports shall be completed by the CQC Manager.
- Gather and submit monthly paperwork to NAVFAC as required by the contract.
- Has the authority to stop work on any portion of the job which presents life threatening conditions, damage to the site, or inferior quality which is not in compliance with the contract documents, or conflicts with codes, building standards, and established principles of construction engineering.
- Has authority and responsibility to reject materials or equipment found not to be in compliance with contract documents.
- Has authority and responsibility to supervise and direct the removal and replacement of any non-conforming work.
- Monitor and Control all safety related onsite operations
- Organize and Facilitate QC meetings with the Government and Owners.
- A graduate of 4-year accredited collage in one of the following disciplines: construction management, Engineering, Architecture, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, or Building Science.
- 10 years of applicable construction experience as a Project Manager, Superintendent, QCM or Construction Manager.
- Valid the Army Corps of Engineers CQC certification (work within secured spaces is preferred)
- Must be able to pass background checks for federal access
- Experience with NAVFAC, Army Corps or other Federal agencies.
- First Aid, CPR & AED (Preferred)
- EM385-1-1 40Hr (Preferred)
- OSHA 30Hr (Preferred)
- Efficient with Microsoft Office®
- Fluent in speaking English
Compensation– Annual salary based on experience. Payments will be made on a bi-weekly basis and as a W2 employee.
Computer- G-W Management Services, LLC will provide a company owned Laptop for your use which will be loaded the most current version of Microsoft Office® and Adobe Acrobat Pro®.
Phone- G-W Management Services, LLC will reimburse you for expenses against the use of your personal cell phone while used for company correspondence. a
Benefits: Medical and Vision (covered 100% for employee), Dental (and all dependent coverage paid for by employee), Life insurance, AD&D and 401(k) (after 1 continuous year of employment). Benefits will start after a 90-Day initial employment period. Actual Coverages and costs to be fully explained and reviewed at the time of offer acceptance and hire.
Vacation/Sick Leave – Vacation will be based on prior approval and determined by available site coverage while you are out. Both paid vacation and sick leave are based on full time employment and accrue throughout the year.
Company Holidays – G-W Management observes the following Company Holidays:
· Full Days Off- New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas Day
· Half-Days- Christmas Eve
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
All COVID-19 procedures on-site will follow the federal guidance provided by the CDC.
- QCM, Project/Construction Management or Superintendent: 10 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Current Army Corps. of Engineers CQC (Preferred)