Hondros Family of Companies is looking for an experienced C# Application Developer. This position involves custom application development (web/database/coding) throughout the entire project life cycle. Our application developers are capable of full cycle project leadership including architecture, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, .Net (C#) development, and some open-source development. The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding unique solutions, is detail-oriented, takes pride in their work, and can work well on their own and within a team. This individual must be highly security conscious due to the sensitive nature of the application, must be a US citizen and be able to pass a thorough background check.
- Learning, maintaining, and adding new features to existing C# applications.
- Re-design and re-architecture of the application utilizing C#, MVC, and .Net Framework 4.7+.
- Development of robust and user-friendly .net-based web applications.
- Develop solutions to improve performance and scalability of C# applications.
- Design and development of relational database schemas.
- SQL and T-SQL development.
- Application/Framework design as needed.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Attendance at meetings and/or trainings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 plus years of solid application development experience utilizing C# and .Net Frameworks (3.5+) and libraries
- 3 years of database development (MSSQL 2005+, MySQL, etc.) experience
- Strong OOP design and Implementation skills
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Experience with Source Control Repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
- Experience integrating 3rd party applications
- Strong understanding of application / web development processes
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets
- Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment
- Awareness and pride in 100% client satisfaction
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment required
- 4-year degree in computer science or related program, or 2-year degree with equivalent experience
- US Citizenship is required for this position
- HTML5, JQuery, and CSS3
- MVC experience, Razor View Engine
- RESTful API experience, WebApi/WebApi2
- Unit / integration testing
- Agile / SCRUM and/or TDD
Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to a variety of constituents including staff and customers. Strong interpersonal skills combined with a strong knowledge of the industry. Able to utilize active listening skills to ascertain areas of need, define problems, and determine workable solutions to meet expressed needs. Demonstrate leadership, tact, diplomacy, professionalism and a positive demeanor in performance of all duties and when interacting with people within and outside the organization.
Able to use math to add, subtract, multiply or divide and may work with fractions, decimals, or percentages.
Work is complex and requires an elevated level of judgment. Requires the ability to decide on a course or sequence of action and to follow that course of action. Must have continuous visual and mental attention while performing responsibilities of the position. Must be able to reasonably envision future needs and plan accordingly. Must be able to work in a deadline-driven and fast paced environment.
Routine physical demands for office environment. Operates all office equipment such as computer, copier, facsimile machine, printer and telephone. While performing the duties of this job employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Office. Exposed to minimal hazards in the office. Occasional travel outside the office is required and some evening and weekend work may also be required.