The Rental Developer will provide personal contact with current and potential rental customers; serve as a product and application expert; demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of department policies and procedures; expedite pick-up and delivery as well as routinely inspect units “on rent”; provide daily customer follow-up on previous day’s rentals; maintain customer call mail lists; submit completed call reports; and provide timely market intelligence on competitors. This is an exempt position.
- Knowledge of John Deere equipment and competitors
- High School Diploma.
- Possess good communication skills – oral and written.
- Work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Shall at all times demonstrate a cooperative behavior with Sales, Service, Rental Departments, fellow colleagues and managers.
- Demonstrate occupational professionalism when dealing with customers and sales staff.
- Possess physical ability to perform phone conversations (normal speaking and hearing)
- Climb safely on and off machine and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Operate a forklift.
- Experience with software, computers and office equipment.
- Possess valid drivers license with excellent driving record; minimum of 25 years of age due to insurance requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- Outside Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Heavy Equipment Rental: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- California Driver's license (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma