Vander-Bend Manufacturing is a vertically integrated Contract Manufacturer specializing in low and medium volume component and product manufacture for the Medical, Semiconductor, data, telecommunications, and related industries. Located in San Jose and Stockton we serve the manufacturing needs of over 200 companies in Silicon Valley and beyond, producing Sheet Metal, Machined parts, and Cables, and with Electro-mechanical and electronic assemblies.
About this Opportunity
As part of the Manufacturing team you will be responsible for the implementation of customer provided and Vander-Bend proprietary designs for sub-assembly and sub-system level electromechanical assemblies. Using your design knowledge, and production system experience you will develop, sustain, and improve manufacturing methods, tooling, and tests to ensure manufacturing capability, efficiency.
· Provide direct engineering support to production staff, including team leader responsibility.
· Improve upon released designs, assembly processes and test methods for quality improvement, and cost reduction.
· Develop and improve tooling/fixture/test equipment designs for manufacturability/testability.
· Perform continuous improvements to production processes, sourcing, yield, part/assembly manufacturability, process control, and workflow.
· Lead or assist in the determination of root cause for product component failure.
· Document results of process improvement projects.
Optional – some or all of the following:
· Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience supporting mid volume production (ECNs, BOMs, work instructions, equipment/tooling/fixture/test development, troubleshooting).
· Electronic, Safety, and/or Electromechanical testing, and tool/fixture design experience
· Experience with NPI process/deliverables, and ability to drive engineering projects.
· Knowledge of metal fabrication techniques (sheet metal, welding, brazing, investment casting, machining and metal spinning).
· Knowledge of plant layout design for efficient workflow.
· Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
· Knowledge of one or more advanced 3D CAD systems.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within teams, or independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively train manufacturing personnel on assembly and test methods.
- Understanding of Lean principles and continuous improvement methods.
- 4-year degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering plus at least 5 years of work experience as a Manufacturing or Industrial Engineer in a medical device or contract manufacturing environment. Additional Education or experience may be substituted.
Interested individuals may apply by ….
Apply online: JOBS.VANDER-BEND.COM (You can upload your resume) or Email or Fax: +1(408)245-4120 or come by and fill out an application today, 2701 Orchard Pkwy, San Jose, CA 95134
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off