Guided by our mission to enrich lives daily, King Technology has enjoyed strong, continuous growth for 40+ years. Each employee lives and works by well-defined values that enhance their career and lives. In the past 10 years we have grown into the company more retail dealers want to work with the products more consumers want to use.
Why? First, we sell fun and relaxation by making it easy to take care of water in swimming pools and spas. Then we make ourselves indispensable to our partners with a strong business model that keeps them engaged and helps them grow with us.
With a strong track record for innovation and continuous growth, the past several years of explosive growth means we are looking for your expertise and skills to help us continue our strong progress. This is a place where you can expect to do your best work and take your career to heights you may not have yet imagined – like many of our employees!
What can we do for you?
Provide a work environment built on trust where everyone can succeed and be appreciated. Introduce you to an industry that works hard and knows how to enjoy its leisure time. Invite you to be part of a private company that values its employees and hires people who appreciate a culture of creativity and teamwork. Place you in a position that will be instrumental in fueling the growth of a company whose primary goal is to enrich lives daily!
What’s it like at King Technology?
Our culture is a result of our Mission, Vision, and Values. They are a way of life. Our employees live these out every day in small acts of kindness and overarching attitudes at every level of the company. You’ll see people with Integrity. People with Courage. People who mirror our business values of Excellence, Servant-Leadership and Innovation, and enrich everyone’s lives by adding their own uniqueness to our company’s culture.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
Do you like to hone your engineering, leadership and problem-solving skills every day? Do you like the challenge of designing and implementing groundbreaking solutions? Do you have the drive it takes to manage projects from idea to completion?
An ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial attitude, disruptor mindset, passion for technology and strong desire to create products and run programs to drive innovation in the work culture. You will help mentor the team and work with suppliers to provide innovative custom and proprietary solutions. Use your analytical skills to find creative solutions that make maintaining pool or spa water easier. In addition, you will work with contract manufacturers, monitor industry trends and pro-actively build a knowledge base of partner/vendor capabilities and a future opportunity pipeline.
This is a fast-growing company where you can be empowered to complete high quality product development projects and take risks to innovate if you are willing and able to wear the many hats required for success – and we’ll all celebrate with you when that happens!
- Use deep understanding of product development process and leadership skills to deliver innovative water care products in a timely manner.
- Quickly assess different technologies, plan and execute customer pilots, build prototypes and demonstrate technologies capabilities.
- Lead change, dealing with ambiguity and provide creative solutions and influence multi-discipline teams with data, scientific reasoning, and strong coaching skills.
- Bring a creative and visionary approach to projects to influence innovation across the organization through technical aptitude and market understanding.
- Make sure stakeholders are informed of relevant issues and elevate as appropriate before the consumption of time and resources.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis where appropriate to determine best course of action.
- Interface with suppliers, vendors, consultants and customers to achieve product development goals.
- Act as an active member of the engineering department to foster teamwork.
- Document and help seek intellectual property protection on qualified new products.
- Be hands-on and responsible for providing technical leadership and direction for scaling up and technology transfer including interaction with external vendors
- Provide project status to the Director of Engineering and Cross Functional Leadership
- Other duties as required.
- BS or MS Degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry or equivalent
- 8-12 years mechanical engineering experience, preference for new product development.
- 5 years of project management experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with CAD, MS Office, Project Management software.
- Demonstrated ability to elicit cooperation and gain cross department commitment from senior management.
- A hands-on leadership style that inspires a strong, cohesive, team-focused work environment
- Creative technical skills that lead to innovative approaches to the development process
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to apply creative solutions to challenges
- Highly competent in technical writing and verbal presentations.
- Experience in pool, water processing, filtration, pumping, chemical dilution or other fluid processing would be relevant.
- Work history including working for a consultancy, engineering solution provider or product development firm where time to market or job completion is highly prioritized is a plus
- Work in a fast-paced, small team environment under minimal supervision while meeting schedule and cost commitments
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location