Industrial Designer – Consumer Products
This Industrial Designer position will work together with other product related departments to initiate and execute new product concepts and designs. This position is responsible to generate innovative design concepts, keep current products up to date and meet the needs of our consumer targets and business objectives. The Industrial Designer cross-functionally interacts with Marketing and Engineering.
- Create design concepts as a result of consumer research or a request from Marketing.
- Create design concept presentations for internal reviews and approvals, research and customer presentations.
- Develop product concepts to the point of proto-type.
- Create production ready documentation packages.
- Ensure project goals (time, cost, etc.) are met.
- Interface with Quality Control and Testing staff to ensure all products meet latest existing safety standards.
10 years of experience; BA or BS in Industrial Design from an Accredited School
Required Technical Competencies
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Experience designing consumer products involving user interaction and ergonomics.
- Demonstrated concept sketching skills.
- Ability to communicate design ideas using sketches and computer generated visualization tools including: Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Power Point.
- Proficient with Solidworks.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, including injection molding, metal fabrication, and fabrics.
- Develops and uses cooperative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Positive attitude. Team player.
- Continuous Learning: Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities to advance effectiveness in skill for key area of responsibility.
- Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action.
- Manages Work Effectively: Manages time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Work Standards: Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 8 years (Preferred)
- Industrial Design: 8 years (Preferred)