The Staff Environmental Scientist or Engineer will primarily be responsible for conducting field assessment activities, site investigations, routine site monitoring and assisting with preparation of technical reports. Other duties may include but not be limited to the following tasks: Data compilation and analysis, QA/QC documentation and processes, equipment maintenance, conducting field work, and compiling draft reports for a wide range of multidisciplinary environmental projects, including site assessments, third-party construction oversight, health and safety oversight, groundwater and soil sampling, and compliance inspections.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY JOB DUTIES:
- Conduct soil and groundwater sampling, site assessments, excavation oversight, and compliance inspections, including data collection, scheduling, and data processing with technical oversight from a project or senior engineer.
- Assist with planning, directing, and overseeing the successful and safe delivery of work scope, schedule, budgets, and client expectations for engineering and environmental projects.
- Assist with preparation of technical reports.
- Plan, perform, and organize field data collection and review.
- Ability to represent LTE in a positive manner in front of Clients and communicate effectively with clients about project activities.
- Perform health & safety related activities.
- Regular field work.
- Overnight travel may be necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering or related discipline and current OSHA HAZWOPER is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of two years of Environmental or applicable work experience is preferred.
- Have the ability to identify different rock formations and understand hydrogeologic processes.
- Understanding of groundwater and soil sampling.
- Experience with oil & gas operations is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements.
- Technical writing skills, people skills, and time management skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel locally, work independently, and work outdoors year-round.
- Have a valid driver’s license; motor vehicle record free of major infractions, and a commitment to safe operations.
- Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and baseline physical.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs., walk around construction sites, climb ladders, slopes and berms, and cross uneven terrain, sometimes in extreme weather conditions.
LTE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /hour
- related: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative