Plan, design, and develop complex and business critical software solutions, utilizing appropriate software development methodologies either individually or as part of a project team. Responsible for ensuring that browser-based systems and applications meet client requirements and operate properly, using software development methodologies.
- 25% Develop functional design and technical specifications, concept diagrams, and work flow diagrams, in coordination with analysts, development, and/or applicable administrative areas, including user interfaces for web applications, maintenance, monitoring, and software builds and releases.
- 25% Develop coding to implement project designs for new features or new browser-based systems applications, and debug existing code.
- 20% Ensure team members understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions, organizational standards are maintained, and applications are delivered according to project timeliness. Provide expert system knowledge, perform research, attend meetings, and review documents.
- 20% Provide post implementation support, including creation of systems enhancements, and instruction to production support team. Research customer issues and determine appropriate resolutions.
- 10% Provide estimates as to the duration and cost of future projects.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other job related field
Four years of job related work experience OR,
Two years of job related experience plus an associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree
Required Work Experience:
Five years applications development experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Thorough technical knowledge of the capabilities of available hardware and software resources.
Demonstrates flexibility for adapting to both changing business and client needs, and a changing technical environment.
A complete understanding of the systems life cycle.
Demonstrated leadership ability.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Extensive knowledge of programming languages and currently utilized browser-based productivity tools in the department.
Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.