CT&T/Palmetto Engineering & Consulting, LLC, a professionally licensed engineering and consulting firm, specializing in industrial electrical and telecommunications disciplines, is currently seeking to hire a GIS Engineer/Technician. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a growing company that enables professional development and personal achievement. The successful candidate must be highly motivated with a desire and aptitude for additional learning and be capable of working in a team environment, striving for quality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS or an associated field heavily weighted or a combination of work experience and/or training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Proficiency in the use of ESRI GIS software: ArcPro, Collector, ArcOnline, ArcGIS Desktop 10.x, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel.
- One-year professional experience (consideration possible for exceptional graduating students)
Qualifications beneficial, but not required:
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems.
- Knowledge of electric utility systems.
- Ability to interpret electrical distribution specifications and drawings.
- Ability to interpret telecommunication outside plant specifications.
- Knowledge of CAD
- Proficiency in languages and tools such as: Python, SQL FME, ArcGIS Model Builder, and other spatial data processing tools a plus.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Digitize, edit, integrate, verify, and manage geospatial data and attributes using GIS software.
- Compile, extract, and organize geographic data from a variety of sources.
- Produce time sensitive GIS reports and maps for clients and ensure deadlines are met.
- Perform database design and GIS analysis to produce summary statistics concerning telecom design.
- Perform GIS database conversions to and from different formats including but not restricted to shapefiles, personal geodatabases, file geodatabases, Excel files, KMZ/KML.
- Assist and support Project Managers in meeting project deliverable requirements and deadlines.
- Communicate task status, needs and issues to team members and managers.
- Document and maintain records of data processing procedures and decisions.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, organize, adjust to changing priorities, and work cooperatively.
- Coordinate with data flow from field technicians to CAD through ESRI’s Collector and Connector.
Job Type: Full-time