We are a full service IT provider for the Shreveport / Bossier Area and this job requires that you are located in the Shreveport / Bossier area.
If you like a fast paced environment where you get to do something different each day, this is the place for you. You will be surrounded with people such as yourself who are hard working, eager to learn and enjoy what they do. We are passionate, we innovate and we have fun and this is integral to our culture.
You will be responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer's computer and network systems as well as coordinating and completing complex projects. Act as leader and mentor for System Engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1) CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Provide responsive customer service. Answer internal and external customer/vendor calls quickly and pleasantly. Communicate in a friendly, professional and patient manner.
- Perform all duties with the goal of building and maintaining long-term customer/vendor relationships
- Maintain exceptional customer service understanding satisfaction and perception
2) DAILY REQUIRED FUNCTIONS
- Provide implementation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting activities for server hardware and operating system software.
- Provide advanced IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft as well as customer's core business applications
- Provide level 3 troubleshooting and support of all Windows infrastructure services related issues
- Install and configure VMware vSphere including networking and storage configurations.
- Provide remote access solution implementation and support (VPN, Terminal Services, Citrix)
- The candidate must be able to contribute to assigned projects from inception to delivery. The projects this person will work on will vary
- Provide system documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Implementation and support services for customer technologies stack
- Acquire specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business and strategy goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service offerings and how they relate to customer's needs
- Design and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs
- Identify customer needs and relate to the appropriate account manager
- Utilize technical diagnostic skills to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Provide technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewall and security.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Provide leadership, support and mentoring for System Engineers
- Coordinate managed service installation and maintenance with the appropriate teams
- Communicate customer need to the Project Manager
- Communicate with customer regularly keeping them informed of incident progress and notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Escalate service or project issues to Project Manager
- Utilize actively listening and customer-care skills in identifying potential concerns
- Report customer concerns or complaints to account managers
- Answer internal and external communications timely and professionally
Understand the basics of TCP/IP networking related to Windows administration.
Understand the basics of data storage (RAID technology, SSD)
Understand the basics of Virtualization (VMware)
Understand the basics of Active Directory
Understand the basics of security: NTFS permissions, encryption, SSL certificate
College or Technical degree with three (3) years network maintenance experience
OR Five (5) year's experience installing, administering and maintaining network environments related to Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Dell and/or Cisco
Valid Drivers License
Minimum of two (2) Professional IT Certification (Examples: Microsoft MCTS, MCM, or MCA, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP)
Occasionally needs to lift and/or move up to 50 pound
Job Type: Full-time
- SAN Administration: 2 years (Required)
- VMware: 3 years (Required)
- Cisco Network: 3 years (Required)
- Windows Server: 4 years (Required)
- Shreveport, LA (Required)