The IT Developer Specialist is responsible for developing and managing highly complex applications. Applies technical and business knowledge to complete highly complex and mission critical assignments. Must demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience in Java and/or C# .Net. Must be a full stack developer with experience in front-end/UI development, mid-tier/server-side development and database development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Design and develop computer software code that is readable, maintainable and understandable by peers.
- Develop a working relationship with the customer to understand their needs and expectations.
- Provide excellent customer service in direct and indirect manner and exceed customer expectations.
- Actively participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Develop designs that meet business requirements.
- Estimate the time and materials required to complete a project.
- Demonstrate knowledge of approaches, techniques and tools by working with teams in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Ensure new developments go through appropriate code reviews, testing processes, and solid release plans.
- Ensure source control is maintained and is kept up to date.
- Provide high level support and troubleshoot all issues related to functional processes that are not working to customer requirements.
- Actively participate in front-end (UI) and server-side development
- Provide day to day production support
- Ensure that all development efforts follow the District’s standards/best practices and make process improvement recommendations.
- Conduct after-hours production product releases.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support during on-call rotation.
This position may be filled at the Staff level.
IT Developer Specialist:
Typically has a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 5+ years' experience with application development and application support. Disciplines for IT education and experience requirements include but are not limited to: Computer Science, Computer/Systems Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, and Systems Engineering.
IT Developer Staff:
Typically has a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 2+ years' experience with application development and application support. Disciplines for IT education and experience requirements include but are not limited to: Computer Science, Computer/ Systems Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, and Systems Engineering.
Valid State of Florida Driver's License.
Physical Requirements/ Working Environment:
Due to the District's response role and in the total scope of emergency management, this position may at times, be required to provide support before, during and after major storm events and emergency situations, such as hurricanes or other declared emergencies, depending on assigned emergency response role.
Mostly sedentary in an office environment sitting at a desk and operating a personal computer to produce work products.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. All documentation is due by the close of the job posting.
IT7507510 IT Applications Bureau