Technical Marine Service, Inc. (TMS), is searching for an Engineer with Marine Automation &
Controls experience to work out of our office in Portland, Oregon
Technical Marine Service (TMS) is a growing engineering firm that designs and installs custom engineered solutions. Projects include; marine propulsion controls and propulsion plant automation, cargo handling, ballast and tank level monitoring systems and consulting engineering. Installations involve customized software, PLC’s, HMI touch screens and SCADA. TMS employs a full time crew of installation trades people, and executes a majority of these projects on a turn-key basis. TMS manufactures LevelCom Liquid Level Computers for onboard tank monitoring.
- Manage the execution of automation projects from initial concept, through proposal, design, regulatory submittal, installation, and commissioning through to post installation support.
- Contribute significantly to the engineering of projects in the areas of electrical design, software design and development, failure analysis and testing protocols.
- Prepare engineering documentation packages, customer submittals, regulatory submittals, and technical manuals.
- Provide leadership to project teams representing mechanical design, electronic design, fabrication, and installation trades.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships. Interface with existing and potential customers in a technical sales capacity.
- Provide excellent service to new and existing clients in the areas of sales and product support, spare part logistics, and system troubleshooting.
- Contribute to system installation and commissioning efforts at project sites.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Marine Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering. Work experience at a sufficiently advanced level may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Three to Five years relevant experience in either the maritime industry, or automation or control system design and implementation.
- A strong working knowledge of PLC hardware and software, control network design, SCADA system architecture and implementation, and electrical drive controls.
- Familiarity with fixed bid contracting for both public and private entities.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to work well independently and effectively with others
- Strong project management and project technical support skills.
CAD, American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and US Coast Guard regulatory requirements knowledge, GE
Intelligent Platforms, Siemens TIA Portal, and Yokogawa YS series programming software experience.
This position is based in Portland, OR. Domestic and occasional international travel is required.
TMS offers a competitive wage and benefit package with the opportunity for significant overtime pay.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply