Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is currently looking for a full time, licensed, Fire Protection Engineer for its California Office. Candidates will provide engineering and design for both new and remodeled design/build projects in a variety of markets including both the commercial and industrial sectors.
- Determine design criteria for various design/build and plan/spec projects
- Design complete systems using AutoSprink software
- Coordinate fire protection design with other building trades
- Produce material cutsheets and equipment lists
- Interface with clients and other construction professionals
- Coordinate with project managers and field personnel to effectively implement field changes
- Experience with BIM Coordination and ability to coordinate, plan, and supervise
- Knowledge of and proficiency with CAD and Revit design software and the ability to do hydraulic calculations required.
- Ability to coordinate plans and specifications with field installers to clarify and incorporate required changes.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable NFPA standards
- Proficient in AutoSprink, Navisworks, and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Minimum of 5 years of fire protection design experience
- Valid drivers license, ability to pass background check
- NICET Certification or P.E. license
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. is an AA/EOE Company. Equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, arrest record or disability, is a fundamental company policy. EOE is a legal, social and economical necessity for the company. Equal opportunity will affect all employee practices including (but not limited to) recruiting, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation benefits, layoff and termination.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- fire protection design: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Only full-time employees eligible