Acela Architects + Engineers, PC is a full services Architectural and Engineering firm in Allentown, PA, consisting of Civil Engineers, Land Surveyors, Architects, Interior Designers, Structural Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Plumbing\Fire Protection Engineers. We design new buildings and renovation projects for the Healthcare, Commercial, Industrial and Aviation sectors.
We are seeking and experienced Plumbing\Fire Protection designer or engineer with five or more years of experience in plumbing design to develop plumbing and fire protection designs. The key responsibilities of a Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination, supervision and management of Plumbing/Fire Protection Department workload and personnel, including overseeing, mentoring and guidance of firm’s junior designers.
- Collaborate on design decisions for multiple projects.
- Manage and coordinate projects with multiple MEP disciplines for scheduling and design. Communicate with owners, outside consultants, and contractors during design and construction phases.
- Development of concept designs, performing calculations, design and selection of the appropriate equipment and systems.
- Preparation of engineering design documents and specifications.
- Perform field surveys and preparation of various reports, such as property condition, due diligence, field observation and punch list.
- Attend design and construction meetings with the project consultants and design team.
- Review, use and maintain Design Guidelines and office standards.
- Review and quality control of deliverable documents.
- Review and processing of contractors’ submittals/shop drawings, respond to RFI’s, etc., during construction.
Because you will be involved in several projects at one time, involving several team members, we need good communicators, able to multi-task and work well with others.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the design of plumbing and fire protection systems.
- Professional engineer’s license is preferred.
- NCEES Records verification completed is preferred
- B. S. in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong written and verbal communication, self-motivation, and leadership skills required.
- Communication skills are emphasized, as we need to work effectively as a team and relate to the client.
Our motto, "Treat our employees well and in turn, they will treat our clients well." Check us out and to see how this opportunity will provide you with a rewarding career. You won't be disappointed.
Job Type: Full-time
Office Location: Allentown, PA
Work authorization: United States
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you currently located within 60 miles of Allentown, PA
- Are you currently proficient in REVIT?
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible