Established small business with great clients and interesting, enjoyable projects. Primary markets include various federal government buildings (new construction and renovations) plus fire training centers around the country, where firefighters learn how to be firefighters.
We enjoy each other's company and work independently within a team setting. Collaboration is important, as are communication skills and the desire to learn and improve. This position could grow into various roles, regardless of starting point.
Responsibilities and long-term growth objectives:
- Create design solutions through structural modeling software, calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Communicate with clients and contractors.
- Evaluate existing building structures.
- Observe construction, review shop drawings, and respond to construction RFIs.
- Prepare proposals.
- Lead as a project manager and/or market sector director.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil (Structural) Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- Proficiency desired in ETABS and Revit for modeling building structures for analysis, drafting, clash detection, and coordination.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Any amount of post-college experience will be considered.
- Preference for zero to four years of experience with structural engineering for buildings.
- Good salary/bonus aligned to experience and performance.
- Health/dental/vision/disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k).
- Paid vacation/sick/holiday leave.
- Growth opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- bim: 1 year (Preferred)
- structural engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused