The Manufacturing Engineer compiles and documents technical information about parts and projects in regards to manufacturability and the manufacturing process. This Engineer reviews quality requirements, regulatory requirements, creates manufacturing methods and creates work instructions in order to give production the best opportunity to make parts efficiently.
1. Prepare manufacturing methods per customer specifications:
2. Create manufacturing drawings and/or models as required:
- Work with customers’ engineers to answer any technical questions and clarify manufacturability issues.
- Determine how parts are to be made.
- Create manufacturing methods utilizing the ERP System
3. Create work instructions and/or procedures:
- Create flat patterns as best suited to ensure a smooth manufacturing workflow and quality finished part.
- Create manufacturing drawings that represent a customers finished part requirements.
- Modify and/or create models for use in machine programming.
- Insure that all steps in the manufacturing process have technical instructions available to the operator.
- When non-standard operations are required, create detailed work instructions that allow for efficient performance.
- Document all work instructions within the documented manufacturing method and save electronically in designated location(s).
- Strong CAD experience: specifically, SolidWorks
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and time management; able to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively: verbal, written, shop drawings
- Problem-Solving and analytical skills
- Experience with costing/generating quotes a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes ( such as machining, sheet metal fabrications, welding, assembly, etc)
- Ability to withstand extended time sitting at computers
- Occasionally will need to make visits to the shop floor and possibly handle materials, in-process or finished parts.
Degreed Engineer – Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace
Approximately 5 yrs. experience, preferably in Manufacturing