At Rolls-Royce, we see sustainability in the field of drive and energy solutions as both the biggest challenge and biggest opportunity of our time. That’s why we have set targets to reach Net Zero by 2050. In our Power Systems division, we have set an even more aggressive target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 35% by 2030 (from 2019 levels). It is within Power Systems that we provide world-class power solutions and complete life-cycle support under our product and solutions brand, mtu.
Innovation takes curiosity, and that is the force that drives us. We promote a corporate culture of respect, trust and curiosity. These are the things that give rise to passion to move things forward and improve them for the future. Our goal is to create an engaging environment where all employees can fully develop themselves and their potential.
Job Functions (Essential)
- Provide daily technical support to manufacturing operations including maintenance or other functional groups on request.
- Analyze product designs for the best method of manufacture.
- Specify tools, equipment and processes to produce a part or assembly or evaluate processes in assigned areas.
- Direct the design and building of tools and equipment or recommends improvements to existing processes.
- Develop new tools, equipment, and processes.
- Interface with equipment vendors and/or contractors to implement new equipment and manage existing systems.
- Participate in teams and cross-functional groups.
- Write and implement work instructions, processes and procedures for production floor and the department.
- Analyze product variations, plan, and implement process capability improvements.
- Develop statistically based manufacturing control strategies.
- Develop and implement productivity improvements.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support for launch of new or revised products.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies.
- Submit progress reports that detail project progress in terms of time schedule and budget performance.
- Promote a compliance culture in area of responsibility and live the letter and the spirit of the Rolls Royce Code of Conduct.
- Perform special projects as required.
MTU Aiken Plant (Graniteville, SC)
Qualifications (Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering and 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience; or 7 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Strong analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of design of manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge of materials and methods of manufacture.
- Good ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Good organization, planning and follow-up skills.
- Good project management skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work overtime as required to support production or project work.
- Proficient with PC and MS Office Suite
- Proficient with CAD and modeling software
- Experience with SAP
- 3D CAD experience with PTC Creo Parametric
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Daily work is performed in a general manufacturing, office, and test cell environment.
This position has compressed work schedule to align with production (Monday through Thursday).
While performing tasks for this position, the employee is regularly requested to perform work on a computer inside and occasionally outside of the work environment. Also, the employee will occasionally be required to work in environmental conditions where there are fumes and dust. Finally, the employee will be frequently requested to perform tasks in environmental conditions where there are unpleasant odors and gases. Please note, the conditions can be hazardous.
While performing physical demands of the position, occasionally the employee will be occasionally requested to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, and squat. Also, the employee will be regularly requested to sit within a particular work environment. Next, the employee will frequently be requested to walk inside and outside the work environment. Finally, an employee will be regularly requested to grasp and manipulate items in a maneuverable manner to perform daily tasks.
There are no special vision requirements for this position.
Computer, Copier, Phone, Fax
Rolls-Royce Solutions America is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time