Provide high-level engineering management support to include System Engineering, system analysis, and future Integrated Combat System (ICS) design. The Systems Engineer will serve in a cross-functional role that includes technical solution development. In this position you will work directly with customer to develop combat system requirements, analyze commercial technologies to meet requirements, develop recommendation on integrating new technologies to support designing future combat systems, and evaluate and assess system engineering architecture models and products to determine if they meet the requirements. The successful candidate will work effectively across functions with other product team members in developing architecture products and ICS solutions.
- Provide programmatic services and technical services, including ability to communicate effectively with technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Program Principal/Assistant Project Managers (PAPMs) and Fleet representatives.
- Perform System of System analysis, including analysis of alternatives and recommendations for technology investment to drive system performance
- Assist with planning and guiding systems engineering studies, analysis efforts, and architecture development.
- Support development and execution of systems engineering trade studies
- Support systems integration
- Provide installation and testing execution documentation and checkout support of C5I systems, as well as participate in tests and trials.
- Review program specifications, guidance documents and create technical documentation, draft correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, and other products as required.
- Participate in System of Systems Engineering Technical Reviews, Trade studies, design meetings, identify program risks and mitigation steps and provide recommendations/resolutions to issues and actions.
- Provide technical interface to PEO IWS, NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NAVWAR, and various support and in-service engineering agents in order to meet Integrated Combat System cybersecurity requirements.
- Prepare outlines, draft reports and documentation to support Flag level technical and financial briefings/meetings and major milestone decisions.
- Support Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Progress Reviews, off sites, etc.
- Maintain databases and track internal and external tasks.
- Perform/support, review and/or analyze feasibility, rough order of magnitude, and concept studies.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other Technical discipline
One years experience
Ability to precisely and concisely communicate and defend analytical results verbally and in various forms of written products
Demonstrated ability supporting diverse programmatic and technical tasks in a fast-paced environment
Experience planning, creating and delivering customer briefings and demonstrations
1-3 years of experience with U.S. Navy C5I programs