If you’re talented, energetic and ready for a career with a future, consider joining our team. We are one of the nation’s largest electric generation and distribution and natural gas delivery holding companies. We are WEC Energy Group!
Wisconsin Public Service (WPS), a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an Engineer-Electric Distribution Planning (Associate Engineer/Engineer/Senior Engineer) for its Wausau, or Appleton Wisconsin location.
This position is part of the Electric Distribution Planning team. The Electric Distribution Planning Engineer is responsible for electric distribution system load forecasting, capacity planning, project development, work plan prioritization, and lifecycle asset replacement programs that ensure safe, reliable, cost-effective, and responsive delivery of electric service to customers.
The Electric Distribution Planning Engineer is expected to apply sound and diversified knowledge of power distribution engineering principles and practices as well as make independent decisions concerning an assigned planning area. The Planning Engineer works closely with Electric Operations supervisors and designers, Area reliability and customer service managers, System Operations Center supervisors and dispatch personnel, substation construction and maintenance supervisors, and field construction work groups.
New graduates will be part of our Engineer Career Development program, which provides a broad view of our business through a training program with orientation assignments in several skill development areas.
This position is part of a job family (Associate Engineer/Engineer/Sr Engineer). Experience will be the determining factor.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential.
- Strong analytical, project management, and team building skills are essential.
- Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to use a variety of office and engineering software is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and meet the company's requirements for driving.
- Strong understanding of the design and function of the electric distribution system and power distribution equipment is preferred.
- Professional engineering license in the state of Wisconsin is desirable.
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.