From the very beginning, we had an idea. We had a vision that we could help our customers run their IT better, smarter, and more efficiently; but also, more focused on the things that really matter. We revolutionized the pre-owned market for networking equipment and created new standards of excellence in the industry: faster ways to ship and expedite, smarter ways to maintain and extend asset lifecycle. Today, we liberate our customers from the compromises they are forced to make. We show them ways of running their IT that they didn’t know were possible. At Curvature, we see IT differently. We see a better way. Curvature understands the challenges of modern Technology Decision Makers. Whether planning for, or in the midst of migrating legacy products to new platforms, integrating Cloud into a data center strategy, consolidating hardware, or dealing with the proliferation of data and devices – all while attempting to stay on time and within budget – we provide options. At Curvature we hire and retain the best talent. We want fierce competitors that enjoy and crave the uphill battle. Our mission is to provide customers with choices and innovative IT solutions. We work hard, play hard and take the time to relish in our successes along the way. Curvature is transforming the IT industry and disrupting the biggest players in the market. If you want to transform your career with a global award winning organization, then we want you.
The Field Engineer performs delivery of service functions as required by our customers’ needs. FE ensures that the repair of customer equipment, and that it is ultimately functional according to the original manufacturer’s specifications. Responds to “after hours” emergency service requests. Customer Satisfaction is the primary goal.
- Responds to customer service requests.
- Keep customer informed throughout the lifecycle of the service request.
- Analyzes, diagnoses and repairs customer reported problems.
- Follows all escalation procedures.
- Regular site audits are to be done according to policy and utilizing new singlePoint™ tool.
- Participate in continual education through studying OEM service manuals, via OJT and completing Curvature Training Courses.
- Record time, expenses and material usage during service calls, along with accurate serial numbers for parts replaced.
- Help maintain an accurate and accountable inventory.
- Will participate in a rotational On-Call Schedule.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of field service or data center experience performing Break/Fix on Intel based Server and Storage hardware equipment including: Dell Servers, HP Servers, or IBM Servers and EMC Storage equipment, NetApp Storage equipment, or Hitachi Storage equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with hands on disk and tape sub-systems, including RAID arrays and tape libraries.
- Minimum 5 years performing break/fix on Network Hardware, including Cisco routers and Switches.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Technology.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with system installation, hardware replacement procedures and firmware upgrades.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience interpreting and diagnosing system error logs.
- Thorough product knowledge and skills in hardware and operating systems for the following products: Dell PowerEdge servers, Hewlett-Packard ProLiant servers, IBM xSeries Equipment, IBM pSeries Equipment (RS/6000), IBM iSeries Equipment (AS/400), IBM zSeries Equipment (Mainframes), EMC Clarion Storage, EMC Symmetrix, EMC Connectrix, EMC Celerra, Sun Microsystems, Hewlett-Packard 9000 Unix, AlphaServer, Classic DEC AlphaServer and VAX, HP 3000, Cisco Systems routers and switches, Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER, NetApp
- Knowledge of diagnostics, system exercisers and operating system utilities used to troubleshoot, interrogate, re-configure, and test data center equipment.
- Solid problem-solving skills where problems may be complex or hard to diagnose
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers
- Possess a full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the company.
- Possess the ability to be persuasive with customers, keeping “customer satisfaction” as a guiding factor.
Successful Candidate must pass a Background Check and Drug Screen as a condition of employment.
Curvature, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/ Female/ Disabled/ Veteran/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Job Type: Full-time