JOB SUMMARY: We are looking to hire a Controls Engineer who has PLC experience ASAP! If you feel like you meet the criteria below, please send us your resume. We look forward to meeting you!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· PLC programming and control system design experience**
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or Associate Degree in Engineering Technology, Robotics and Animation or other related discipline or experience such as Controls Technician required
· Experience with interface development and programming
CONTROLS ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS:
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
· Able to program PLC ladder logic and code for a variety of PLC platforms
· Functional Safety - Understanding of automated manufacturing processes
· Strong understand of the Risk Assessment process and evaluating complex technical systems
· Aptitude in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry
· Basic computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point)
· Full understanding of OSHA/EPA standards
· Define control requirements per application
· Select appropriate hardware to develop new control systems
· Implement engineering changes to production equipment
· Coordinate with engineering and maintenance on machine control modifications
· Provide guidance and technical support for manufacturing systems activities
· Design, modify and implement department related standards and procedures
· Implement and maintain data collection system from plant floor manufacturing equipment
· Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities
· Plant layout development and coordination.
· Time studies to certify capacity studies and assist with production and/or engineering concerns and developments.
· Develops and implements the designated process for production readiness, meeting Safety and Quality standards.
· Assists in the investigation and analysis of new materials, equipment, and engineering practices.
· Maintains adherence to Company Policies, Safety Standards, and good housekeeping practices. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as required or directed.
· Assures that a positive employee relation’s position is maintained. Ensures that the company’s management principals, policies and programs are consistently practiced.
People and Administrative Skills:
· Strong Problem-Solving Skills
· Excellent communication, analytical, planning and design skills.
· Strong desire to train - Team Oriented, and people skill developer
· Excellent organization and time management skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
· Identify problem solving initiatives
· Ability to manage effectively under any situation – capable of performing in a fast paced, high stress environment
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time off
PAY: Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $83,154.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Do you currently live near Portland, Oregon? We are searching for local candidates.