Applicants MUST take the tests found at the following link to be considered for this position:
Position Title: Software Developer, Mid-level
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
Status: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Longmont, CO; partial remote work available after 9 months
Acertara Acoustic Laboratories is a leader in advancing the science and application of medical ultrasound through our probe repair services and medical device development. With many patents and accreditations from ISO, FDA, and IEC, Acertara is reducing costs, ensuring system safety, and improving the integrity of ultrasound diagnostics.
The software developer in this position will have a broad set of experiences and will assist in the design, implementation, and testing of software in the following arenas:
· Product and automation software for medical test equipment: This software typically employs Python, Java, C/C++, or LabVIEW and is deployed on Linux, Windows, or handheld Android platforms. Domains of study include software communications, image processing, automation, test and measurement, and growth into machine learning.
In addition to the above primary areas of activity, the candidate can expect occasional work on IT tasks associated with a small/medium business.
This position requires attention to detail and the ability to work with a wide variety of business and engineering personnel.
· Software test responsibilities will include feature and regression testing on the company's Web-based ERP system and on product or automation software.
· Occasionally conduct IT tasks such as: equipment setup and troubleshooting, internal and external support desk, network maintenance, on-site device management, Cloud-based asset management, and documentation upkeep.
Education and Professional Status
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
· U.S. citizen or authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
· Additional software-related certifications are a plus.
Work and Technical Experience
· 2+ years of relevant experience (recent graduates will be considered, but not current students).
· Experience in relevant programming or scripting languages and associated framework tools.
· Knowledgeable of set up and installation of computer and networking equipment, especially in a mixed Windows/Linux environment.
Candidates should have the following minimum skill sets:
· Experience developing Web applications in both server and client contexts.
· Experience with application development in Python, C/C++, or Java.
· Working knowledge of version control systems, especially Git.
· Familiarity with software management platforms (e.g. GitLab or similar).
· Competency in maintaining and improving customer-facing Web sites.
· Proficiency with productivity software such as MS Office, Google Docs, MS SharePoint, etc.
Exceptional candidates would have experience with the bonus skill sets:
· Web and non-Web API's, including REST
· Agile software development (sprints, tickets, planning)
· Computational technologies such as image processing or machine learning
· LabVIEW or embedded C/C++
· Software test and deployment methodologies
Candidates should have:
· Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
· Effective time management and organizational skills.
· The ability to prioritize work based on team objectives.
· Co-working and collaboration skills for a team environment.
· Awareness of software management workflows in a light Agile environment.
· The ability to generate and maintain professional documentation.
· General problem-solving capability with the ability to plan investigations, gather and analyze data.
· Competent skills to utilize computer, networking, and software systems to resolve technical issues.
A self-driven attitude and a strong aptitude and motivation to learn new technologies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $83,000.00 /year
- Software Development: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply