The Power Electronics Automation Engineer position has a high degree of visibility and opportunity within our small company. This individual will use their technical knowledge and expertise to assist manufacturing in the development of new manufacturing processes and standards for both AC & DC power controllers and supplies using all aspects of automation and mechanical engineering. The engineer will have a full range of responsibility from concept to production including: wiring sketches, exploded view assembly procedures, test fixture creation, automated assembly, and documentation support. This position requires a creative problem solver that understands Design for Manufacturing, automation, product/process flow, and lean manufacturing technology.
- DFM review with manufacturing and engineering team.
- Design automated assembly line equipment and programming.
- Design automated test fixtures and maintenance.
- Bill of materials creation and maintenance.
- Test procedure creation and maintenance.
- Work closely with manufacturing to monitor and improve the efficiency and output.
- Machine vision systems.
- Certification submittals E.G. CE, UL, SCCR
- UL quarterly inspection validation
- First article inspection of customer submittals
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer support as required.
- Traveling up to 10%.
- S. citizen with bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field with 4+ years practical experience in an automation manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of product/process flow.
- Design for high volume manufacture including robotic automation.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or AutoCAD.
- Programming experience with C, C#, and Labview
- Excellent problem solver with a high degree of engineering curiosity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment of an emerging growth company.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the operation and use of Microsoft based communications.
Please visit our website at: www.ccipower.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Automation Mfg Environment: 4 years (Preferred)
- C/C#/LABVIEW: 2 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (Preferred)
- Autodesk Inventor: 2 years (Preferred)