FATA Automation, Inc. is a global company with expertise in design, manufacturing, fabrication, installation, start-up, and training for material handling and conveyor systems including: Electrified Monorail, Skid, Skillet, Pallet, Roller, Power & Free, Chain and Belt Conveyors.
For over 70 years FATA Automation, Inc. has been supporting companies worldwide in automotive, heavy equipment, engine, marine, automated car parking, and beyond, developing innovative solutions and turning manufacturing challenges into success stories.
The successful candidate will have a strong engineering background, familiar with product flow through varying manufacturing, welding and assembly processes. Familiarity with OSHA and ANSI codes regarding safety and design of overhead product carriers and support structures is required. The candidate will be intelligent, dependable, self-motivated and organized with good communication and trouble shooting skills.
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager
- Required Skills
- Efficient in 2-D AutoCAD.
- Inventor 3-D design experience required (FEA is a plus).
- Create detailed manufacturing shop drawings (Conveyor experience preferred).
- Developing Excel Spreadsheets – capable of writing formulas.
- Word Processing.
- Documentation Control.
- Able to physically manage the requirements of job site assignments.
- Speak fluent English. (Spanish and Italian are a plus).
- Job Duties
- Interface with Engineering/Management to verify equipment requirements.
- Schedule / attend design review meetings.
- Occasional travel to customer meetings, manufacturing vendors or job sites.
- Provide technical support to Project Manager, Site Supervisor, Customer, Purchasing, Vendors and Suppliers.
- CAD Design, development and engineering from a conceptual idea.
- Perform design calculations (i.e. motor, bearing, shafting and drive-train selection, speed / throughput, stress and deflection of structural elements, etc.)
- Manufacturing, assembly and installation drawing creation / checking.
- Lead detailer, when assigned..
- Generate engineering release requisitions and change notices.
- Site Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of five years relevant engineering experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Auburn Hills, MI 48326: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Conveyor: 5 years (Preferred)
- Autodesk Inventor: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical engineering: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location