Aquatech Dewatering is the industry’s leading supplier of Construction Dewatering, Sewer Bypass Pumping, Creek Bypass Pumping and Construction Discharge Water Treatment Services in support of construction of new subsurface infrastructure, including; sewer and watermain, natural gas pipeline, infrastructure tunnels, subway tunnels and stations, deep foundations and underground structures.
We are looking for a Jr Estimator/Engineer, to join our specialized Dewatering Services Division who will use their engineering background and experience in hydrogeology, geotechnical, water and/or wastewater infrastructure and new residential developments to support our Project Managers and Engineers in; designing, bidding, planning, coordinating and administrating of contract services.
- Track and record all details of each contract opportunity, update details daily in CRM
- Assist Project Managers in assessment, design and bidding on customer call in requests and contract bidding opportunities
- Review contract documents, drawings, engineering and technical reports to perform engineering assessment of requirements based on project specifications, in compliance with all governing regulations
- Assist in the application engineering to select the proper pumping equipment, discharge water treatment equipment and remote (telemetry) monitoring instrumentation and systems as required
- Assist with obtaining pricing from suppliers, confirm inventory and crew scheduling
- Create and organize permits and project/contract packages for field, service and monitoring staff
- Assist Project Manager with addressing customer requirements, permit obtainment, environmental and system monitoring as well as reporting requirements.
- Support team in communicating and ensuring we meet all performance, schedule, compliance and budget requirements
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in civil engineering with strong understanding in geotechnical and hydrogeology
- Experience in subsurface construction is an asset
- Very organized, heightened attention to detail, and punctual to deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Strong on Excel) and AutoCad would be an asset
- Sporadic exposure to outdoor weather, shop and job site conditions
- Valid Ontario G Drivers License and clean abstract
Job Type: Permanent
- Water Treatment : 2 years (Preferred)
- Construction Estimating: 2 years (Preferred)
- Groundwater Control/Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)