Are you a highly motivated individual with a passion for innovation?
Are you seeking a role that will continue to challenge you in a company committed to championing your growth?
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Spanning 50 countries, 112 plants, 25 research and development centers, and employing over 30,000 associates, we have a strategic footprint that allows us to service emerging markets and communities across the globe with ease. Prysmian Group is presently on a full integration path with General Cable. This growth is only the beginning. We are presently looking for top talent to join our team during this exciting time.
WE’RE LINKING THE WORLD WITH THE FUTURE OF CABLE TECHNOLOGY
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the position holder will exhibit energetic project management of process improvements that impact the bottom line in an exciting, challenging and performance driven organization.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate safety leadership and advance our Zero & Beyond safety culture.
- Share expertise through training and leading others in the use of best practices.
- Generate and evaluate the risk / reward priority of improvement opportunities. Be an advocate for Lean Sigma thinking.
- Achieve results and ensure sustainment of controls.
- Lead and influence teams of diverse individuals at various levels within the organization.
- Improve yield, efficiency and capacity of processes in accordance with strategic business objectives.
- Develop, document, implement and sustain manufacturing processes and products using appropriate data and statistical tools.
- Baseline understanding and utilization of control systems and instrumentation used to improve process capabilities.
- Specification, procurement and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment and instrumentation, including capital cost justification and related documentation.
- Maintain presence on the shop floor and provide hands on troubleshooting of manufacturing processes and equipment to drive root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Maintain performance specifications and bills of material for all current products.
- Perform Lean Facilitator duties as required to implement and sustain lean initiatives throughout your area of responsibility.
- The ideal candidate will have an Engineering degree, a minimum of 5 years’ experience (or 2 years’ wire & cable experience preferred), and a proven track record of results in the design, re-design, installation, operation and maintenance of manufacturing processes and equipment utilized in a continuous operation.
- Other technical degrees considered when supported with applicable experience.
- Extrusion of multiple types of polymers (PVC, Nylon, Polyethylenes, Polypropylene, TPU, FEP) and understanding of FFT systems preferred.
- Understanding of electrical testing and required systems (Hi-Pot testing, Category cable testing)
- A results driven individual with a proven track record in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Proven ability to use DOE and SPC techniques (SixSigma GreenBelt/BlackBelt experience is a plus). Pursuit of a GCC GreenBelt certification is required during year 1 or 2.
- Able to manage and execute multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a daily basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible work schedule to support facility that runs 24 hrs. a day, 7 days week.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Works out of a normal office environment with standard office equipment available.
- Will be required to sit, bend, kneel, squat, use keyboard, read, write, and speak fluently.
- Employee will be required to work productively and cooperatively in a high-volume, fast paced, highly pressured environment and be able to respond efficiently and courteously to unanticipated problems and crisis.
- This role is not typically exposed to adverse environmental conditions except for excessive eye strain
Prysmian Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time