The position mostly revolves around developing computer code for dentists and dental patients. The primary product is a Microsoft Windows server/client installed solution, with additional products using browser interfaces and various mobile platforms. All of our software communicates with a relational database on the back end, usually MySQL.
The ideal candidate for the Software Engineer position will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or a software programming related field
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Experience with C# or Java a plus
- Collaborate with other software engineers and support technicians
- Design, code, test, debug, and implement solutions using software design patterns, style guides, and best practices
- Research and resolve customer reported issues. Participate in customer support and high level troubleshooting
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Maintain confidentiality
- Independently manage time
Benefits include very good medical and dental insurance, 401k with match, paid holidays and paid time off (vacation or sick time). The wage for this position starts at $34/hr and is the starting point for the progression to Engineering II, III and Senior Engineer positions. We do not require employees to work over 40 hours/week, but generally allow overtime for employees who are interested.
Drug test and background check will be required. We generally don't hire someone who lives far outside of Salem because it's beneficial for us to have employees who live near the office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Proof of vaccination is required to apply. ADA and Title VII accomodations may be made.
For the safety of our candidates and staff, interviews will be conducted in an environment conducive to social distancing. During the pandemic, some of our staff work
Work Location: One location