Senior Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer
R.W. Sullivan Engineering provides HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Electrical Engineering, Code Consulting services, and Commissioning services to some of the region’s leading businesses and institutions. Our firm is a third-generation family business located in Boston, currently employing approximately 95 staff members, with approximately 22 in our P/FP department.
The experienced Senior Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer will support the P/FP department as well as design teams on projects in producing construction documents. Responsibilities include performing; layout and sizing of piping systems; perform hydraulic calculations and equipment selections, as well as coordinating with architectural and structural building components.
- Lead P/FP Engineer on projects.
- Responsible for production and review of calculations, narratives, drawings and specifications for all assigned projects.
- Construction Administration duties
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and clients.
- Minimum of 15 years Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineering experience.
- P.E. (FP) in MA, minimum. Surrounding states and NJ is a plus.
- Possess a strong technical background and knowledge of plumbing/fire protection and standpipe systems and their applications for various commercial, institutional, medical, and public buildings such as healthcare, biotech, higher education, office, and large mixed-use residential buildings and hotels.
- Full knowledge and understanding of state building codes and NFPA codes (in particular NFPA - 13, 14, 20, 25, 2001) and FM Global data sheets.
- Previous experience working for a contractor/installer a plus but not a requirement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary (DOE) and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Health Insurance, Dental, 401(k), Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance. Education Reimbursement, Flextime, Life Insurance, Health Club Membership, Bonus Opportunities and more. We are conveniently located at the Schrafft’s Center, 529 Main Street, Ste. 203, Boston MA, across from the Sullivan Sq. MBTA Station.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Plumbing/Fire Protection: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly