Founded in Dubai and rapidly expanding across the globe, Kitopi currently runs kitchen networks in London, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia with more than 800+ members of staff. On a mission to continue disrupting, we are in immediate demand for an entrepreneurial focused, dynamic and energetic MEP Engineer to be based in New York, U.S.A.
What You’ll Do
As the Kitopi MEP Engineer you will be responsible for the planning and design processes for all Mechanical, Electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems. Including developing policies standard, inspection procedures and evaluation tools for MEP matters along with preparing, reviewing drawings, specifications and cost estimates for the Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing works. This will include; electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditions and general piping systems.
- Providing technical advice to the staff designers, supervisors, inspectors and contracting service providers, regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System. Analyze mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
- Undertake general project site observation/inspection of the mechanical services works to the approved drawings and specifications, good working practices, and construction schedule.
- Witness on-site piped system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing and other testing that may be required during the first fix works and advise accordingly.
- Identifying problems in the designs, plans, to manage and deliver multiple projects.
- Planning and organizing the evaluation work of the consultants, contractors, and others. Prepare draft site/engineer’s instructions, relating to the building mechanical services, as required.
- Continuously review the construction schedule during the progress of site works with regards to MEP services and report to your line manager with an update.
- In conjunction with the appropriate teams, ensure that the filing/logging of the MEP documentation is undertaken in line with the project handbook and continually monitor the same. Review Contractor’s installation method statements. Review drawings against the design [tender] for compliance with the design intent.
- Review contractor’s mechanical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering co-ordination. Where required prepare technical clarifications to the tendered design to suit specific on-site construction and co-ordination issues.
- Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary. Undertake a prior review of the proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule. Undertake final project snagging and prepare a list of defects for action.
What We Are Looking For?
You will be degree qualified (Mechanical or Electrical) within Engineering with a minimum of 5+ years within the Construction or Engineering industry. You must have a deep understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing trade with the ability to successfully review plans, prints, specifications, and schematics.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management and AutoCAD software.
- Excellent judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to utilise data to establish trigger point priorities and develop a tactic to deploy them.
- Experience working directly with internal and external personnel and managing expectations against rapid growth deadlines.
Who We Are Looking For?
- You hustle hard and understand the entrepreneurial landscape.
- High stamina– you don’t fold under pressure. In fact, you thrive in fast-paced environments.
- A problem-solver– you have an analytical mind and can navigate obstacles on the fly in a thoughtful, logical way.
- A charmer– you can easily identify and network with suppliers in any city.
- You’ve got integrity*– you're running the show on a launch and we need trust that you've got the best interests of the company in mind.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Electrical Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- Mechanical Engineering: 2 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused