Orion Marine Group is a leading heavy civil marine contractor headquartered in Houston, Texas. We offer a wide range of services and turnkey solutions in marine construction, design, and specialty services on, over, and under the water throughout the continental United States, Alaska, Canada, and the Caribbean Basin.
The Company’s heavy civil marine construction services include marine transportation facility construction, dredging, repair and maintenance, bridge building, marine pipeline construction, as well as specialty services. The Company’s specialty services include salvage, demolition, diving, surveying, towing and underwater inspection, excavation and repair.
For additional information, go to: http://www.orionmarinegroup.com
Orion Marine Group has an immediate opening for a Senior Project Manager, in Corpus Christi,TX. This position is accountable for providing senior level project management and engineering support to the Company’s dredge and construction operations. This includes developing bid packages, preparing permit submittals, performing conceptual engineering, calculating project costs, selecting suppliers, procuring materials and services, interpreting project plans, scheduling project work activities, interfacing with project personnel, and helping to ensure successful project completion and close out.
- Works with the Sr. Vice President, Director of Operations and Orion’s dredge and construction operations staff to ensure the successful completion and profitability of on-going or new projects.
- Provides project management support for multiple projects and advises and interfaces with project management and field operations personnel.
- Manages projects from inception to completion including proposal preparation and permitting phase and conceptual engineering to detail engineering and construction phase support.
- Provides interface with project team members, suppliers, customers, and others who are involved in project work.
- Establishes relationships for the Company with assigned Ports, Corps of Engineers, Private entities and other agencies for permit submittal and approval purposes.
- Prepares multiple permitting packages for marine projects for customers and clients that include dredging work.
- Responsible for securing and maintaining excellent customer relations with clients and prospective clients.
- Monitors actual costs and complete current project(s), accounting for materials, services, labor, and other associated costs.
- Procures subcontractors, permanent materials, consumables, and other services.
- Reviews client and prospective client contracts during the pre & post bid phases for possible risk exposure.
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.)
- Business Acumen (Business Awareness, Knowledge): Showcases knowledgeable and understanding of business operations and functions, and the ability to align goals to support the business.
- Change Management (Change Readiness, Conflict Management): Demonstrates support for innovation to improve effectiveness; Initiate, sponsor, and implement organizational change.
- Collaboration (Relationships, Team Interface): Establishes constructive relationship with clients and other work units to meet mutual goals and objectives of the company.
- Communication (Verbal, Written): Utilizes verbal and written communication skills to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
- Managing Work (Initiative, Productivity, Results Orientation): Shows ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others, and provide follow up to insure quality standards.
- Problem Solving (Analytical, Creative): Makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions.
- Safety Orientation (Safe Work Philosophy): Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for their own personal safety and the safety of co-workers and others; applies safe work practices in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Talent Development (Coaching, Developing Others): Seeks continuous development of juniors; sets goals, expectations, and objectives in ways that motivate them.
- Trust and Integrity (Integrity, Credibility, Influence): Follows through on commitments; respects and maintains confidentiality.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Budget: Performance on projects and establish estimating standards for future estimates based on analysis, assist with oversight of the historical cost.
- Work Standard: Sets high standards and well-defined goals; displays high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments with minimal supervision.
A B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Science or related discipline and / or minimum of 10 years’ experience, or equivalent work experience is required. Prior work experience in the dredging or marine construction industries is preferred but not required. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of Project Management & Administration, Dredging Projects, Marine Construction Materials, Dredge Sediment Transfer, Procurement, Estimating, Scheduling, Project Tracking Software, Cost Control, Engineering & Project Standards, and Safety & Environmental Compliance.
The incumbent must have the ability to quickly learn the technical aspects of the business; be an effective communicator; have the ability to interface well with employees at all levels of the organization; and able to work out-of-town for extended periods of time.
The Company expects and requires incumbent and each of its other employees to observe and fulfill the above and all other safety responsibilities and actively work toward maintaining a safe workplace. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable workplace accommodation.
The individual must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment if required to work or visit the jobsite. This may include hard hat, safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, personal flotation devices, or other equipment as required by the work performed and location the work is being done.
Representative or other management personnel. Must be capable of evacuating the work area in a timely manner should an emergency situation arise.
In addition, the Senior Project Manager must also be capable of:
- Walking, stepping, climbing or otherwise moving from one location on the job site to another, and normally involves physically getting onto and off of work barges, boats, vessels, or dock facilities of varying heights and access parameters
- Standing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, climbing or sitting for long periods of time
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs. as required
- Adapting to extreme temperature changes, outdoor conditions, and prolonged exposure
- Remaining calm during emergencies and respond appropriately as dictated by the circumstance of the incident
- Be qualified and physically able to drive regular passenger vehicles to visit work locations and job sites
Compensation & Benefits:
An excellent compensation and benefits package is offered. Benefit plans include:
- Medical, including Prescription Drugs
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off For Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
- Pre-Tax Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Career Growth & Development
Qualified applicants should apply through the company career page: www.orionmarinegroup.com/careers, or via e-mail. Candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), age, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by law. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Any applicant requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Heavy Marine Construction: 10 years (Required)
- Project Management: 10 years (Required)