Manufacturing company in West Michigan is seeking an experienced Journeyman.
A Journeyman Maintenance Mechanic is to perform line maintenance, repair work, troubleshooting and maintenance regarding maintaining production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes. Also performs assigned duties in preventative maintenance program covering this equipment.
- Dismantle, repair and assemble a variety of machinery and equipment.
- Analyze and troubleshoot mechanical problems on production equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to schedule.
- Work with Staff Engineer to design and implement changes to enhance production.
- Fabricate, construct, and install machinery, equipment and/or replacement parts by performing applicable operations such as cutting, drilling, tapping, machining, filing, forming, grinding, and electrical testing, lathe etc.
- Procure materials and parts necessary to make machine repairs.
- Ensure machines are operating in a safe manner.
- Observe and practice all safety precautions and regulations in performing duties as well as maintain good housekeeping.
- Makes periodic checks of operating machines for proper operation, and makes adjustments to ensure maximum efficiency of equipment.
Other duties as required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience machine maintenance – with card.
- Proficient mechanical skills, such as working knowledge of shop equipment (lathes, mills, etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical principles
- Working knowledge of shop measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, rulers, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and other plant personnel
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Company Match
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Personal
- Paid Bereavement
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Attendance Bonuses
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Safety Glasses Reimbursement
- Charitable Giving Matching
- Free Uniforms & Laundry Services
- Service Anniversary Celebration
- OJT & Career Advancement
High School diploma (or equivalent) required
Journeyman Card Required
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- Maintenance: 4 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)