CATV Headend Equipment Deployment Technician
The primary responsibilities of the Network Deployment Engineer is to support the installation of
HFC (Hybrid-Fiber Coax) Network Hardware and Infrastructure including but not limited to Servers, Radio
Frequency (RF) active and passives, Optical Splitters, Optical Lasers and Receivers, equipment racks, low voltage DC wiring , grounding, fiber guide, Unistrut, ladder rack, structured cabling, Fiber optic cables, CAT 6 cables, read and understand ISP diagrams/drawings, and taking and maintaining accurate field notes. Cisco Network IP Configuration and troubleshooting skills are required.
Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned.
This position requires field work which may include overtime, weekends, holidays, and off hours.
Travel may be required depending on the business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
Must work currently or within last 90 days in the CATV network industry (Cable TV Data Centers).
- Read and follow engineers’ instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and adhere to safety procedures.
- Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret engineering drawings, on maps and in the field and make recommendations for changes as required.
- Understand and adhere to customer timelines.
- Budget minded behaviors to review and ensure profitability on new, ongoing and completed projects
- Team player that coordinates and communicates activities with other employees, departments, and management.
Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic tools, construction practices and communication networks.
- Knowledge of cable installation practices, dressing cables, lacing, terminations, etc.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft applications and IP Networking Configuration.
- Knowledge of basic AC and DC power plants.
- Knowledge of fiber optic cable types, make-up of fiber optic cables, and manufacturer specifications to prevent damage of cables.
- Knowledge of various manufacturers ISP racks, cabinets, ladder rack, fiber guide and termination panels.
- Knowledge of cable testing procedures and test equipment.
- Knowledge of inside plant safety measures.
- Knowledge of data center security processes and adhere to the measures they put in place.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized under pressure.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Criminal background check and drug screening required
Education and Experience:
- Education Level: High School/GED and Technical Degree or equivalent training.
- Experience: 5+ years of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as job experience in similar industry or job experience with similar essential duties
- Field of Study: CATV equipment deployment,
- Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 75 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- structured cabling: 3 years (Required)
- CATV Headend: 3 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road