Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs has an exciting opportunity for an Entry to Mid-Level Structural Engineer to support the Corvallis, OR office. As a Jacobs Structural Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be a flexible member of a growing team doing a wide range of projects. Working with our other engineers from all disciplines, you’ll assist with design package production for construction documents including drawings and specifications. Work tasks will vary but typical tanks include:
- Structural design for buildings and infrastructure projects including water treatment, hydraulic, fish passage, conveyance, and transportation structures.
- Performing structural analyses and calculations for the preliminary and final design of structures, seismic retrofits and rehabilitations.
- Participation in development of plans, specifications, and quantities; prepare engineering reports; may work on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Providing engineering support services during construction, including shop drawing reviews and assistance with RFIs.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering as well as a Masters of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Passed the FE (work towards obtaining an PE/SE license)
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Proficient knowledge of Finite Element Analysis software such as STAAD, STAAD.pro etc.
- Working knowledge of CAD platforms such as AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Good writing and communication skills
- Possess strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effectively interfaces and communicates with other project team members
- Effectively manage project workload, budgets, and schedules
- Ability to work well with the design leads and be self-motivated
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .