This is a Systems/Software Quality Engineering position supporting the LM Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) F-35 Training Systems (TS) Sustainment Program at the Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Beaufort in Beaufort, South Carolina.
The position will support the F-35 Training Systems Support Center (TSSC) and interfaces with TSSC Program Management and the Training Systems Quality Program Manager (QPM) on Engineering Quality Assurance (EQA) work tasks/priorities. This position will functionally report to the LM RMS EQA Center of Excellence (COE) Manager for F-35 TS. Will be expected to quickly come-up to speed with the F-35 TS products, System/Software EQA work scope, technical requirements, program risks, and delivery milestone schedule.
This position is part of the TSSC organization based at MCAS Beaufort and includes responsibility for sustainment of F-35 training products and device change activity at multiple locations across the F-35 Training System enterprise. The selected candidate will require training at sites including Eglin, FL and Luke, AZ. Some additional travel may be required.
The F-35 System/Software Quality Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help Identify root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate process/product performance, and participate/interface with the engineering counterparts on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements.
- Support the local Configuration Review Board, advise the TSSC2 Manager of proposed change impacts at the local Configuration Review Board, and participate in the F-35 TS change control process boards (ERC/CRB) as required.
- Provide Quality Engineering support to all Training System hardware installation and upgrade activities at the MCAS Beaufort PTC and USN operational locations as needed.
- Provide Quality Engineering support to MCAS Beaufort personnel and serve as the focal point for issues that arise during LM activities.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment with dynamic priorities and varying work tasks.
- Provide process engineering and improvement expertise for TSSC2 processes.
- Witness F-35 TS integration and test activities and formal quality testing, and execute quality engineering activities related to all required integration and test documentation and products.
- Ability to evaluate data to identify systemic issues and trends.
- Support security and information assurance activities
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
Secret Clearance Required, with investigation in the last 6 years
Excellent communication skills. Must have a demonstrated history of strong performance and ability to take initiative across a variety of QA responsibilities/tasks on production and/or sustainment programs. AS9100 knowledge. Proven audit experience. Must possess or be able to obtain a secret clearance. Use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with System & Software Engineering requirements, design, integration and test. Good understanding of software dependencies, development lifecycles, process flow and development methodologies. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and have strong documentation and follow through skills including experience in producing technical reports to a high professional standard.
Secret Clearance Required, with Investigation in the last 6 years.
Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of quality engineering experience. DoD contract experience. Knowledge of LM RMS process and procedures. Lean/Six Sigma black (or green) belt. Knowledge of software development lifecycles such as Agile Development. Knowledge of C/C++, C#, Java and Scripting Languages. Internal Process Auditing Experience. Systems and Hardware Engineering a Plus. Willingness to work a flexible schedule aligned to customer operational needs.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.