Typical responsibilities include:
- Develops plans and specifications for the renovation of facilities or for the construction new facilities,
reviews plans and specifications for accuracy and completeness.
- Works interdepartmental in the conceptual development, estimating and final design efforts.
- Develops standard computerized specifications.
- Monitors project status and ensures that contractual requirements are met.
- Prepares appropriate records to accurately reflect the status and cost of projects from inception through completion.
- Provides coordination to all functions required for assigned projects.
- Directs projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Coordinates the preparation of technical documents with other engineering disciplines.
- Budget and schedule responsibility for projects.
- Assigns work to and direct less senior employees as appropriate and required.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and support permits and licenses applications
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering and five years directly related experience in an appropriate discipline/science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires directly related and progressively responsible technical experience in order to provide effective supervision for activities within defined scope of responsibility. Familiarity with construction management software packages. Ability to plan and see the “big picture”. Competent in conflict and crisis management
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off