We are looking for a team oriented Applications Engineer that isn't afraid to step out of his/her comfort zone. The candidate should be willing to challenge past/current design practices while striving for continuous improvement and learning. This position is exposed to all facets of industrial refrigeration; therefore, the candidate must be highly motivated and curious. There is a high potential for growth with our Team!
- Works with Business Development Representatives to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
- Selects cost effective materials and parts, per specifications, to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Completes assigned projects on time and within budget.
- Maintains current design documents throughout the duration of the project.
- Responsible for all design, modification, layout and engineering of equipment/applications, in compliance with applicable engineering standards and hazardous area requirements
- Responsible for approval drawings (if required), complete bills of material, layout and assembly drawings, and all customer drawings and documents for custom orders, including manual and installation supplements as required
- Provide information needed for planning assembly and delivery estimates to production control and manufacturing
- Work with R & D and Sales to select appropriate materials to ensure safety and performance requirements are met
- Quickly troubleshoot and resolve technical problems that arise during the production process
- As orders for customized systems are repeated, act to standardize the application and design
- Follow all company procedures and work instructions
- Work with design and business teams in order to introduce new products
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Five years of experience in design of industrial refrigeration systems
- Comprehensive computer and software skills – e.g.: Word, Excel, Autocad, SolidWorks
- Working knowledge of standard ERP systems
- Problem solver with decision making ability
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills
- Proficient at reading electrical and mechanical drawings, routings, test specifications and bills of material
- Excellent Interpersonal skills -- the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities as well as the ability to work comfortably with people at all levels in the organization.
- P.E. and/or E.I.T. not mandatory but preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Applications Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Federalsburg, MD (Preferred)