New Mather Metals, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Electrical Technician on 2nd shift .
As the world’s largest manufacturer of stabilizer bars, we offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. This position pays $30.11/hr with an increase in 90 days to $30.72/hr (not including $.30 shift differential for 2nd shift), with the top out pay going up to $32.18. plus a semiannual production bonus and yearly increases.
This position will troubleshoot and repair equipment; provide training to the maintenance technicians, assist plant engineers as required by the engineering PFUS, and accomplish projects as assigned. PLC experience is required for this position.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on production equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and diagnoses problems with limited supervision and training.
- Train operators to perform basic maintenance on machinery, limited to electrical functions.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skills.
- Actively supports 6S policies and practices.
- Associates Degree in Electrical Technology and/or Electrical/Maintenance Certifications
- PLC Experience is required (1 year)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, mechanical drawings, and electrical schematics
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and communicate effectively with peers and production personnel
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to understand OHMS law
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Basic computer skills including MS Office, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Must be able to operate a forklift, man lift, scissor lift, and be able to work at heights of 35 feet
- Ability to multi-task
- Understands the importance of and follows safety policies, practices, and procedures
New Mather Metals, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or genetic information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.11 - $32.18 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)