Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on www.auntbertha.com.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
What We Need Your Help Doing: Our pioneering software platform has already connected thousands of people in need ("seekers") to thousands of programs to get the help they need, but there's so much more we want to do. We want to help millions. Your job is to help us build out our database of programs people can get help from (breadth) and assure that the information about these programs is accurate (this accuracy assures people find the help they need).
The Social Service Program Quality Associate has one mission: Ensure that all programs reviewed and entered are 100% accurate and meet Aunt Bertha entry and quality standards.
- Complete our internal training program (to master the nuances of listing social service programs)
- Efficiently enter programs on Aunt Bertha, using Aunt Bertha’s format and taxonomy
- Efficiently review programs on Aunt Bertha, using Aunt Bertha’s format and taxonomy
- Work with your team and other departments on various projects to ensure the end user is wowed
What are we looking for:
- Eagerness to learn and help add social service programs that impact the lives of others
- Detail-oriented with a sense of pride in work
- Someone that enjoys new technology and embraces change (we're continuously improving our platform)
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others
- Someone that does not hate dogs - you don't have to love them, but we bring our dogs to work each day!
What will you get out of this position:
- The ability to say you helped create a database that not only helps people in your community, but over 1.4 million people nationwide!
- A chance to interact and converse with an incredible team of data experts, analysts, designers, engineers, database experts, customer champions, community engagement professionals and a strategic sales team.
- An opportunity to grow within the Data Operations team as well as the company!
- Come to work each day with the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping others gain access to services that they need
- Access to a fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch (we like to spoil our people with food) : -)
- Stock options
- Healthcare, dental, and vision for employees and their families / dependents (including FSA and HSA)
- PTO, with more PTO after you are here a year
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Relaxed, dog-friendly work environment
- You get to work in Austin. We think this place is pretty awesome.
Apply Now! We are selecting from a broad field of candidates. If you are interested in learning more and think you have what it takes to win, please respond to this job posting with (both things are required):
- Your resume
- Include a short cover letter in which you tell us directly (without the use of jargon or three letter acronyms : -) (1) who you are, (2) what you want to achieve in life and how this job will help you get there, and (3) why Aunt Bertha should strongly consider a deeper conversation with you
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and veterans are encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly